Terry is employed at ElectroNet as the Network Manager for Westpower Lines, a position he has held since 2003. He has a long history with Westpower dating back to 1981 when he was first employed as an Assistant Lines Surveyor and has since held several roles including Line Mechanic, IT Technician and Asset Administrator administering Westpower assets.
Terry’s current role as Network Manager - Lines has him managing lines related assets and associated processes.
This includes the management of:
- The safe operating of Westpower’s overhead lines, underground cables and distribution substations..
- Capital and maintenance expenditure on Westpower’s overhead lines, underground cables and distribution substations..
- Inspections and patrols, including the Condition Assessment programme
- Vegetation control
- New network connections
- Preventative Maintenance schedules for lines related assets
- Fault reporting and subsequent follow up work